When important data is lost in QuickBooks, you do not have to stress yourself. There is a solution for this. You can recover lost data in QuickBooks by using Auto Data Recovery software. This software is effective and delivers excellent results. However, it does not work with all versions of QuickBooks. The software is designed to work with latest versions of QuickBooks starting from QuickBooks 2012 to QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 13.0 R4.You need to be well versed with the procedure for carrying out lost data recovery process.
Before going to the precedure, it is important to understand ways through which Auto Data Recovery in QuickBooks. It can recreate lost Quickbook transactions by making use of a copy of company file and the current Transaction Log File.It may also recreate recent transactions using your Transactions Log File and a copy of your company file.
- Here Is How To Use Auto Data Recovery Software To Recover Lost Data In Quickbooks
- Open the folder containing company file. No open company screen is displayed.
- Make a note of path in the screen and then open the relevant folder using Windows Explorer
- Enhance the visibility of file extensions by clicking on Organize then folder and click on view tab
- Note the company file and transaction log file. Company file is abbreviated as (.qbw) while transaction log file is shortened as (.tlg)
- Create a new folder and name it Old Files
- Move company file to the newly created folder of Old Files
- Open folder containing QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
- Note the size and date of files modified
- Right click on company file and then choose copy
- Return to the folder containing company file
- Go to Organize and paste the company file to the folder
- Rename the company file by right clicking and then choosing option rename.Type the new name
- Delete the extension .adr from the file
- Open QuickBooks and Company file
- Verify that the transactions were restored by using reports or account registers.
- The last step is to verify data utility.
- Parting Shot
In conclusion, if you didn’t know how to restore lost data in QuickBooks, you now know what to do in case this happens in your company. You have to be very keen as you apply the procedure. This is because it involves many steps and lots of activities which if skipped, you may not have the results that you desire. The first thing that you are supposed to do when you want to recover lost data in your Quickbooks is to download auto data recovery data software. But you need to ensure that the Quickbook version you are using is compatible with the software.